Oak Village's classic toy "Building Blocks in Wooden Box" is a solid wood building blocks set made of different kinds of Japanese Trees showing different grains, textures, colors, weights and smells to stimulate the child's five senses during play. It is packed with important learning elements for children such as stacking, arranging, hitting, measuring, drawing, breaking and even — learning about different tree species! When you open the box, you can smell the natural scent of Japanese forest and see the natural color of the trees.
- Oak Village's long time best-selling item (sold for more than 40 years!)
- About 37-38 pieces of building blocks
- Each block is engraved with the Japanese (back) and English (front) name of the tree
- Small pieces are included in the box. Children below 3 years old should play with their parent/s
Tree species: Domestic Amur Cork, Bead, Birch, Cedar, Cypress, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Pine, White Birch, Yew, Beech, Bigleaf Magnolia, Cherry, Chestnut, Katsura, Maple, Sen, Walnut, Zelkova (Approximately: 12 tree species. Note: The tree species and tree quantities used during manufacturing may change due to season)
- Sizing: based on 6 cm scale (2 cm, 3 cm, 6 cm, 9 cm, 12 cm)
- Finish: unpainted and chamfered (no sharp edges)
- Wooden box outer dimensions: width 27 x depth 21 x height 7 cm
- Maximum piece: width 12 x depth 3 x height 6 cm
- Minimum piece: width 6 x depth 2 x height 3 cm
- Weight: Approximately 2.1 kg (in a wooden box)
- Attachment: Guidebook of trees, instructions on how to store blocks
- Allergy Information: Although the blocks are unpainted, please refrain from using if you are allergic to timber itself. Even if you are allergic to pollinosis such as sugi and cypress, please be assured that pollen and timber are different so you can play with the blocks without any problems.
More about nurturing the five senses of children during play:
Visual: Babies can enjoy the different colors of the wooden blocks. Children can also have a sense of achievement by making beautiful castles or houses.
Sound: The sound of wooden blocks is very natural and calming. Each wooden block makes a different sound when moved together with other block/s.
Smell: Children can enjoy different scents of natural wood.
Taste: Natural wooden building blocks are made of safe materials and forms. Surprisingly, the taste differs depending on the wood!
Tactile: This wooden toy has the warmth of genuine wood - rough, smooth, moist, dry, etc. Each block has different texture and weight depending on the wood used. Babies can touch and feel the difference of the blocks. As the babies grow, children change the way to play. For example, children can pile up the wooden blocks.
Other things that can be learned:
After playing, children should tidy up. Children can learn that playing is accompanied with tidying up. It is said that tidying up blocks for every size links to the basic of “classification” “set” and “comparison.” Mathematical concept will be nurtured naturally such as “addition” “subtraction” or “area / volume.”
Note: Oak Village products are made of natural solid wood, so there are individual differences in grain and color. Due to the nature of solid natural wood, the size may change due to expansion and contraction due to indoor environment such as humidity and dryness. Also, please note that depending on the tree, shades of color and knots of the tree may be seen. Please understand beforehand that we cannot accept returns or exchanges for the above reasons.